What is it about peanut butter that’s so satisfying and comforting? I’m not sure if it’s the addicting taste or the nostalgia of school lunches, but peanut butter is one of my favorite foods. It’s versatility makes it ideal for cooking and baking; you can use it with anything sweet or salty.
These peanut butter cookies with chocolate Kisses are irresistible. They aren’t overly sweet (so I can eat more, right?). They also make a fabulous accompaniment with a hot cup of tea and a movie playing in the background.
This is one of my staple recipes. I would alternate making these and my famous M&M cookies. I never heard any complaints! I remember a friend texted me, completely out-of-the-blue, telling me she was desperately craving my peanut butter and Kiss cookies. I’ll take that as her compliments to the baker.
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and peanut butter together.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheets, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Place Hershey’s Kiss atop each cookie.
- Bake for 1 minute.